Thursday, March 4, 2010

29 Things: Blog about Technology

We live in a society driven by media, our consumption is insatiable for the constant feed of up-to-date news and entertainment. I've become so dependent on the immediacy and accessibility of media, that it's difficult to imagine what life would be like without the many forms that I view on a daily basis.

For news and current events, I watch CNN, HLN or browse huffingtonpost.com, I like to visit these mediums daily as a means of staying informed and connected to the outside world. From time to time, the Huffington Post will include interesting articles written by actors, musicians and other celebrities. It's important to have a variety of informative sources, especially on controversial topics. The web site is user-friendly and contains tons of categorized articles at your fingertips.

Browsing YouTube and various digital design blogs is a great way of exploring work that inspires and connects me with other artists from around the globe. I tend to shy away from popular social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace, but Internet discussion forums provide a place to share my ideas and build a sense of community that without this technology could not have been possible.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment